Monday 26 March 2018

The Purpose matters

Life is not that simple in this era of ultra fast existence. Metro projects and designers working on it are equally affected by the way things happen. Do you like or dislike what you are doing depends upon your mindset. Most often your heart tells you something and mind tells you to do opposite. A conflicting situation. Made worse by egos. I like this, I dislike that, I dont like doing it and I would have gladly done that are daily moods which we all go through. Does this make you at peace or you feel that happiness is lost in this daily grind.

Replace your likes with a *purpose*. Identify a goal for which you feel happy to work. Subordinate your likes or dislikes to your *sense of purpose*. And you will see the difference.

As an Architect when I work, I try to set a purpose or a goal to be achieved at the end of my assignment. To me it is delivery of a successful metro project. Along the way situations happen, clashes occur, tempers flare and what not. My likes and dislikes in form of situations and people try to push me out of my chosen path. But I am learning or trying to practice that I do not loose my sense of purpose. I try to relook at situations again from the  point of view of my own goals. And adjust my actions and reactions accordingly. Sometimes I fail and sometimes I move ahead. But I keep on sticking to my sense of purpose, my ultimate goal. I have found it is easier and happier to follow my own goals rather than working to goals set by others.

Success is still not guaranteed. If one plan A fails, I change to plan B, C.... but try not to change my purpose or my goal.

I have also learnt that the worst situations and worst people give me a chance to learn the best lessons.

And I just shared this one with you. Have a sense of purpose. This is what matters!!